Your home appears incomplete without a driveway. It gives the space a more sophisticated and neat look. Moreover, a driveway adds functionality to the area. You can use that space to park, walk, or play. You can also increase your property’s resale value by paving a driveway. There are many benefits of having a driveway. However, the quality and build of the driveway are very crucial. If your paving company does not deliver a good job, your driveway might appear bad and get damaged quickly.
This is why choosing the best paving company for the task is very important. If you Google ‘best paving companies near me, you will get a massive list of companies on the screen. To ensure that you pick the best paving company, here are a few critical factors you must keep in mind while choosing:
Check all the necessary aspects.
You must never choose a paving company randomly based on the name. Only opt for reputed paving contractors if you want a great driveway. There are a few common characteristics found in all reputable paving companies. As a wise homeowner, you should check for the following features after searching for ‘paving companies near me:
- Experience – It is always wise to select an experienced paving company. This is because the experience will allow the experts to perform even complex tasks efficiently. As a result, you will not have to worry about mistakes. Even though you can get cheaper deals from inexperienced contractors, it is always recommended to select the contractors with many years of
- Positive feedback – Before you hire any paving company, you should check the feedback provided by previous clients. This will help to understand the quality of service offered by them. You can easily find feedback online on plenty of websites. Otherwise, you can ask your neighbors or friends for recommendations.
- Insurance coverage – Home improvement projects are always risky. If you are working with a good paving company, it will offer complete insurance coverage against damages caused to your property accidentally. As a result, you will not have to worry about paying for any damages.
- Availability of experts – In some cases, you will notice that the paving companies hire subcontractors for the project. This means the firm you hire for the project does not perform it. This could be an issue as the hired workers might not be experienced. In case any warranty-related problem arises, responses will be slow as well.
- Licensed – You should always hire a licensed paving company for the task to ensure safety. You can ask for the license before hiring.
Check if they are making adequate preparation.
All professional paving companies understand the importance of staying prepared. This makes the overall task more efficient. If a driveway has been created without good prep work, it will start showing signs of damage early. Discuss the prep work details, from excavation and base materials to compacting processes.
If you are hiring a paving company to work on your resurfaced driveway, discuss with them the other tasks they will perform. Before the driveway is covered with paver material, it should be covered in tack-coat. Also, the driveway should be appropriately cleaned beforehand. Otherwise, the newly paved driveway can get damaged.
Compare all quotations and choose the best deal.
One crucial factor determining which paving company you should choose is your budget. You may find considerable differences in prices. Some companies charge more because of the experience and reputation they hold. Small companies tend to charge less so that they can gain more clients. However, it is always better to choose a reputed paving company. Sometimes small contractors tend to skimp on the driveway thickness so they can charge a lower price. Building the driveway may be cheaper initially, but it can get damaged much faster and cost you much more on repairs over the years.
While inquiring about the quote, also ask about the thickness of the asphalt. This will also help you in the decision making process.
Ask for a guarantee
You should always ask about the company’s guarantee. Almost all paving companies offer guarantees. The paving company should provide a minimum one-year warranty against all materials and artistry. You will want this for repairs related to installation, quality of materials, or for any other issues that may arise.
Before hiring the paving company, discuss all the terms in detail. Ask them about precisely what the warranty covers. The guarantee for workmanship includes bad workmanship, taking wrong measurements, sloppy edging, etc. On the other hand, the contract for materials includes signs of dents, cracking, and premature degradation of the asphalt.
All of the points above are important when you are hiring a great paving company. Make sure you do not rush with the decision after searching for ‘the best paving company near me on Google. Always read about the guarantees and project specifications provided by the paving company. Jireh Asphalt & Concrete Inc. is one of the best paving companies you can hire for your residential asphalt driveway. They have over 30 years of experience in asphalt paving.